The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) was established to assist higher-skilled immigrants to become economically established in Canada and to assist employers meet their skilled labour shortages.
- Must meet the minimum requirement of one year of continuous and paid experience, must be established in an occupation National Occupation Classification (NOC) O, A or B within the last 10 years in a single occupation, AND:
- Work experience in one of the eligible occupations, OR
- Have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
- Be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months), and meet certain criteria.
- Must meet a language proficiency of CLB 7 in all four skills
- Must meet the education requirements with a Canadian diploma, or credential, AND/OR a foreign educational credential approved by a agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, showing that it is equal to a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- Must attain 67 points out of 100 in the selection criteria:
|Education||Maximum 25 points|
|Language||Maximum 28 points|
|Age||Maximum 12 points|
|Work Experience||Maximum 15 points|
|Arranged employment||Maximum 10 points|
|Adaptability||Maximum 10 points|
- Must pass a medical examination
- Must pass a security and criminal check
- If the applicant does not qualify on points when applying as a skilled worker, they may qualify if applying for a work permit