Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Immigration Canada - Canadian Experience Class
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The CEC allows individuals who meet a minimum language requirement and have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada to transition to permanent residence. These include international student graduates and foreign nationals who are working legally in Canada on a temporary basis.


  • The CEC class was created to help people who have been working in Canada
  • If the applicant is a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student
  • Live outside the province of Quebec
  • Have 12-months of skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before the applicant applies, OR has equivalent  work experience in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A, B before the applicant applies
  • Work experience must be after graduation in the case of students
  • Must meet the required language proficiency – testing must not be older than two years