The Post-Graduate Worker Category is designed for candidates who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta, are currently working in Alberta in an eligible occupation, and have a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
The criteria for the Post-Graduate Worker Category include, but are not limited to that listed below.
The Candidate must:
- Clearly show in the application that they are able to and intend to live permanently in Alberta.
- Be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for an Alberta employer.
- Have obtained a certificate, diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from one of these AINP approved Alberta public and private post-secondary institutions.
- Ensure the program of study in Alberta must have been for at least one year (i.e. minimum of two semesters of full-time study, or equivalent) in duration.
- Have a current and valid Post-Graduation Work Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Be working in one of the eligible NOC skill level NOC O, A, B and C occupations.
- Submit official test results showing that they meet the minimum language standards, and the test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application to the AINP. Candidates have a choice of language tests that they can choose from to write: CELPIP, IELTS, or TEF.
Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.