The Engineering Occupations Category is designed for Candidates who have credentials as an engineer, designer or drafter, and Alberta work experience in an eligible Engineering Occupation.
The criteria for the Engineering Occupations Category include, but are not limited to that listed below.
The Candidate must:
- Be currently residing in Alberta.
- Intend to and be able to live permanently in Alberta.
- Provide evidence of related education/training and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter.
- Be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta employer.
- Ensure the occupation in Alberta be on the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream Engineering Occupations List.
- Have engineering credentials and be working in an occupation under NOC 0211, 2131, 2132, 2133, 2134, 2141, 2143, 2144, or 2145, and provide a “Letter of No Objection” from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or show that you are registered with APEGA as a foreign licensee.
- If working in an occupation under NOC 2231, 2232, 2241 or 2253 that they do not require a “Letter of No Objection” from APEGA.
- If an engineer but their NOC code is not on the Engineering Occupations List, may qualify to submit an AINP application under the Skilled Worker Category of the Employer-Driven Stream. Please see the Skilled Worker criteria to see if you qualify.
Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.