The Skilled Worker Category applies to Candidates with a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer who intend to live and work in Alberta permanently and are eligible in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level O, A, or B occupation.
Alberta employers must follow the criteria set out by the AINP.
The Candidate must:
- Clearly show in the application that they are able to and intend to live permanently in Alberta.
- Have related education, training, previous work experience, and any Alberta licensing needed for the position and to meet the AINP criteria.
- Provide a copy of their valid work permit if they are already working in Alberta.
- Provide proof of their legal status in your country of residence only if they are not currently working in Alberta (are living abroad).
- Meet additional criteria if their occupation is one of the following:
- Early childhood educators and child care staff;
- Plasterers, drywallers, and upholsterers are subject to all current skilled worker category criteria, as described above; or
- Managers/supervisors in the Service, Retail and Foodservice Industries are subject to all current skilled worker category criteria, as described above.
Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.