The Semi-Skilled Worker Category applies those Candidates who have a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer and have an NOC semi-skill level C or D occupation eligible under the AINP. Only certain occupations are eligible.
Alberta employers must follow the criteria set out by the AINP.
The Candidate must:
- Be currently working in Alberta on a work permit for an eligible AINP Semi-Skilled Occupation (see list below)
- Show that they have completed at a minimum a high school education.
- In the Foodservices Industry (pilot project) your high school education must be equivalent to Alberta standards.
- Submit official test results showing that they meet the minimum language standards, and their test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application to the AINP. Candidates have a choice of language tests that they can choose from to write: CELPIP, IELTS, or TEF.
- Make sure they meet additional criteria required for their industry:
- Food and Beverage Processing;
- Hotel and Lodging;
- Long-Haul Trucking Industry; or
- Foodservice Industry (pilot project)