An international graduate (Candidate) who meets most of the criteria below may be eligible to apply on their own, without an employer application. The International Graduate Category criteria, includes but is not limited to that listed below, and applies to Candidates who have recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and have a permanent, full-time job offer from their Alberta employer in a NOC skill-level 0, A, B or C occupation.
Alberta employers must follow the criteria set out by the AINP.
The Candidate must:
- Clearly show in the application that they are able to and intend to live permanently in Alberta.
- Be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for the Alberta employer who is supporting their AINP application.
- Ensure the occupation in their permanent, full-time job offer from their Alberta employer and the occupation they are performing for that employer must be the same occupation. This occupation must also fall under one of the following NOC skill level NOC O, A, B and C occupations.
- NOC skill level C occupations usually require specific training and/or secondary education. Please note, only Candidates working in a NOC skill level C occupation must complete a designated language test with scores that meet language requirements.
- Have obtained a certificate, diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from:
- one of the AINP-approved Alberta public and private post-secondary institutions; or
- a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in another Canadian province or territory.
- Ensure the program of study in Canada must have been for at least one year in duration (i.e. minimum of two semesters of full-time study, or equivalent).
- Have a current and valid Post-Graduation Work Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- If working in a NOC skill level C occupation, submit official test results showing that they meet the minimum language standards, and their test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application to the AINP. Candidates have a choice of language tests that they can choose from to write: CELPIP, IELTS, or TEF.